Luke 23:26-31 Discussion Questions
- What has Jesus gone through that would make it nearly impossible for him to carry a hundred-pound cross?
- I said that all of these events are part of the hour of darkness Jesus is enduring on our behalf — why is this all necessary?
- In what ways is the Father turning His face away from the Son in these experiences?
- Why is Jesus not interested in being wept over? How does he direct the weeping of the women?
- What lessons are there for us from the prophetic warning he gave concerning the fate of Jerusalem?
- What does Jesus weep over in Luke 19:41-44?
- Why is it easy for us to lose a “weeping” concern for the lost?
- How can we weep for our unbelieving friends, family, and neighbors — while at the same time develop friendships filled with laughter, kindness, and rich conversation?
- Explain how Jesus’ exile spares us from our own permanent exile:
© 2014, Rick Hogaboam. All rights reserved.